NATURAL RESOURCE & ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR (TOWSON OFFICE)
As the Natural Resource & Environmental Compliance Coordinator you will assist with the coordination of environmental regulatory compliance for land development and related projects such as water quality and wetland mitigation projects. You will need a practical knowledge of geology, soils, plants/plant identification, forest and restoration ecology, wildlife biology, and conservation practices.
As a member of the DMW team, your work will include: conducting non-tidal wetland and stream delineations, forest stand delineations, natural resource assessments; preparing related plans and design concepts for reforestation, water quality, wetland mitigation; and, coordinating with our land planning and civil engineering teams to assist with their designs.
- Background in biological and/or physical sciences/ BS degree;
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in natural resources, land development, and environmental regulations;
- Demonstrated knowledge of plants and plant identification;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication that may include communicating to a diverse audience including regulatory agents, engineers, designers, environmental specialist, clients, etc.;
- Proficiency with software including Microsoft Office Word and Excel, Adobe, and Bluebeam, with experience in Autocadd and/or Microstation;
- An innate passion for understanding the integration and pragmatic approach of environmental conservation and environmental compliance while advocating for responsible land development;
- The ability to thrive while working outdoors despite weather conditions, and the agility to traverse challenging terrain and site conditions on-foot;
- The ability to drive to various locations and remain flexible as you move from the office to the outdoors on short notice.
It is the policy of Daft-McCune-Walker, Inc. (DMW) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated or other covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, DMW will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.